Your audit logs will never expire or be removed from Kafoodle.
You can view all activity history by clicking the Audit Trail icon in the user menu.
You will see a full list of changes including the date, time, and which user made those changes.
You can also view Audit Trails within a Recipe, Ingredient, site or Menu level by accessing the ‘History’ tab when editing a recipe, ingredient, or menu.
You can configure your tile order by clicking on the actions column cell for the tile you want to reorder and dragging the position to suit your needs. You should see the order change visualized on the mobile screen to the right.
By scanning a QR code from within your app through the scanner, it can direct users straight to a specific menu or site within the app and even acquire loyalty points through reward QR codes.
The selection’s current state is inactive. If you would like to make it active, select the item and check the active checkbox and save.
Please contact Kafoodle support to ensure that your business has been set up properly.
A push notification is a message that pops up on a mobile device. If you chose to send one, the users of your application will receive it at that time or a scheduled time.
By default, there are no images preset for any tiles. If you think you have set an image, please make sure you have saved your changes otherwise the tile will remain blank. Otherwise, click the tile, click on the upload image area, upload your selected picture and finally click save. Supported image formats include: .jpg, .png
- You can select specific rows to print by ticking the check box on the right hand side of the chosen recipe(s)
- You can view and print your recipe overview by selecting the recipe name on either your allergen or nutrition datasheet
In our user guide, located in the user menu in the top right hand of your screen, you will find a whole section on how to get started using Kafoodle Kitchen.
To upload ingredients onto Kafoodle you will need to enter them into our format. Our upload template can be found in the getting started section of the user guide. If you have purchased our data services, send them to us and we will perform a manual check to ensure all fields have been entered correctly. If not, you can use our manual imported located on the right of your ingredients page. For more info on how to use this importer, please see the how to use ingredient import section of the user guide.
Kafoodle has thousands of ingredients available for you to use as well as your own. We use Mccance and Widdowson’s data to provide you with the nutrition and allergen information for many common raw fruit, vegetable, nuts and meats. To enable these ingredients go to manage lists. For more information on how to use lists, please see the Manage Lists section of the user guide.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a registered user or not, if you have a question for the Kafoodle Kitchen support team, you can contact us by going to the Kafoodle Kitchen log in screen and clicking on the ‘Get in Touch’ button in the user menu.
Please be sure to add all the relevant details into the ‘Your Message’ section.
Although we’ve designed Kafoodle to be as intuitive as possible, you may need some additional support during first time setup or when making amendments. Here are some ways we’re able to help during this process:
- If you have an account, have a look through the User Guide where you’ll find instructions and help on all the basic tasks.
- Search the Kafoodle FAQ Page. New items are being added all the time!
- Watch our Kafoodle Quick Start video.
- Have a question? Then simply raise a ticket with the Kafoodle Support team. See: How do I contact Kafoodle Kitchen Support?
- Need 1:1 training & support? There are a number of options available for remote or onsite assistance. Please contact our sales team and tell us about your requirements. See: How do I contact Kafoodle Kitchen Support?
Here at Kafoodle we’re committed to providing you with first class support. You can log a request with us at any time – our support system is open 24/7 / 365.
When you first log a request, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a unique reference number. Please ensure this number is quoted in any further communication with us regarding this particular request.
Our support team operate during the core hours of 09:00- 17:30 Monday to Friday. Once we receive your request, we’ll respond by the next working business day.
Please check your emails, as we may need to request additional information from you.
Just raise a support request in the normal way – see: How do I contact Kafoodle Kitchen Support?
Our support desk will be able to quickly answer most of your billing or account questions.
If it’s more complex, then we may need a little more time to investigate. Rest assured, we’ll keep you updated on progress.
Ingredient lists allow you to share or keep separate, ingredients between your sites. Lists can be created and edited from the Manage Ingredients List page. For more information on how to use lists, please see the Manage Lists section of the user guide.
To switch a list on or off go to manage ingredient lists and toggle the enable/disable switch. Note: disabling an active lists will prevent you from making changes to recipes with those ingredients in use.
You may not be able to delete an ingredient because it has been locked by an Account Holder or Business Administrator. Ingredients can also not be deleted if they are in use within a recipe.
The ingredients provided by Kafoodle cannot be edited. However you can use them in your recipes like any other ingredient, and add your purchase cost on the ingredient list screen by selecting latest cost.
Alternatively you can clone the ingredient and edit it’s information before saving it in your own ingredient list
You cannot edit an ingredient locked by an Account Holder or Business Administrator.
Select the clone button which is located next to the delete, edit or view buttons. This will open up an exact copy of the ingredient. You can then edit the form, change the name, select one of your business lists and save.
You will not be able to see an ingredient if the list is disabled or if the ingredient belongs to a list not assigned to your site.
Conversions are unique for each ingredient and can be applied when creating or editing an ingredient from the cost tab. A conversion allows you to specify an imperial unit of measurement such as Each, Clove or Cup and enter its metric equivalent. Doing this will allow you to use the imperial unit when creating your recipes.
If an ingredient is in use an orange box will appear along the top when you open the view or edit form. Follow the link in the box to view which recipe(s) this ingredient is used in. Only recipes that are in lists available to you will be displayed.
Create individual ingredients by selecting the + button on the ingredients page. You will need to select which list this ingredient will sit in and manually enter the allergens and nutritional values.
If you need to make a mass update to your ingredient, you can use the same template used to upload ingredients. Ingredients will be matched by Name to update. New ingredients will be created if the system cannot find a match. If you have purchased our data services, send them to us and we will perform a manual check to ensure all fields have been entered correctly. If not, you can use our manual imported located on the right of your ingredients page. For more info on how to use this importer, please see the how to use ingredient import section of the user guide.
If you have purchased our data services, send them to us and we will perform a manual check to ensure all fields have been entered correctly. If not, you can use our manual imported located on the right of your ingredients page. For more info on how to use this importer, please see the how to use ingredient import section of the user guide.
Kafoodle Kitchen understands that you may need to swap ingredients for short periods – for instance if your normal product is out of stock – whilst ensuring your allergen data is correct. We call this process ‘substitution’.
You’ll find the ‘substitutions’ icon at the top of your screen.
With substitutions, swapping your old ingredient with a new one on a temporary basis is quick & easy. Remember using this process will help ensure you remain fully allergen compliant.
For more details on how to use this feature, check out our Kafoodle Kitchen User Guide.
- You can enter one or more conversion for each ingredient. Using conversions will allow you to work out the nutrition and cost information for that ingredient when used in any unit.
- You do not need to edit each ingredient to add or change a price. When viewing in the list, select latest cost and enter there.
- You can update your ingredients via an import. Using the template found in the getting started section of our userguide. To find out how to use the importer see the Importing Ingredients section of the user guide.
- You can enter a wastage% at an ingredient level in the cost tab of that ingredient. This will then be remembered when you use this ingredient in a recipe to give you an accurate GP calculation.
Providing that you can still connect and login to our system, you’ll find a ‘notifications’ icon at the top right of your screen. If you have unread messages, this icon will be red.
The notifications will advise you of:
- Planned system maintenance downtime.
- Details of system upgrades and new features.
- Status updates during system or service incidents.
At the bottom of the notifications list, you’ll also find a ‘Show all’ link which will allow you to search and filter your historical messages.
Note: All users’ accounts will receive these messages.
- For parties and set menus, you can keep your menu hidden from the app and send out the unique QR code to allow only the select group to see their menu on the Kafoodle App.
- You can set up your christmas menu months in advance. Select a display ‘From’ and ‘Until’ date and the menu will appear or disappear from the app between those dates.
Go to the Kafoodle Kitchen log in screen and select the User Menu at the top right of your screen. From there, just select the Change Password option.
You will need to enter your existing password.
If you enter an invalid password you’ll be presented with the following message: “Invalid username or password. Have you accepted your invitation? Do you want to try resetting your password?”
- Simply click on the ‘resetting your password link’ and you’ll be presented with the following: [Screenshot: Reset password]
- Enter the email address that you used to register with in the box, and hit ‘reset password’. You’ll then see the following message to confirm an email has been sent. [Screenshot: Reset password message]
- Go to your inbox and you’ll see an email from Kafoodle entitled ‘Reset Password’.
- Follow the link and reset your password (making a note of the new one).
- You should then be logged in automatically and see a confirmation stating your password has been reset successfully. From there you can carry on working as normal.
First, make sure your site is visible on the app. For help doing this see the ‘Creating Sites’ section of the user guide. If this is not the problem, edit the menu and select ‘Menu Details’. Check that the box which reads ‘Tick this box to hide this menu from the normal menu list’ is unchecked and that the ‘Display from and until’ dates are either clear or for the current time period.
To hide a menu, select the box which reads ‘Tick this box to hide this menu from the normal menu list’. This can be found when creating the menu, or in Menu Details when editing an existing menu.
Leave these fields blank if you want your menu to appear on the app indefinitely. Only enter dates here if you want the menu to appear and disappear from the app according to your selected dates.
Once you have selected which recipes to add into the menu, a button which reads ‘Add a price’ will show on the right hand side of each recipe. Select that and two boxes will appear. Enter your price in the smaller one on the right. The larger box on the left can be left blank or used to specify portion sizes. You can enter more than one price by selecting ‘Add a price’ again.
Static content allows you to enter titles, text and page breaks if you wish to print the menu.
Once you have created a menu you can assign dishes that you have created by editing the menu and selecting the ‘+’ button next to the dish you wish to add.
So, you’ve created your recipes and now you want to create your first menu.
Kafoodle Kitchen allows you to assign your recipes to different menus and publish them on the app with, or without, things like prices and allergen information.
Here’s how to get started:
- Select the ‘menu’ option from the icon lists on the top left of your screen.
- Once presented with the menu screen, click on the ‘Create new menu’ option on the right hand side.
- You’ll then be presented with the tab below. Just complete the fields you require (only the ‘Name’ field is mandatory) and click on create.
- On the next screen, click on the green edit button on the right and you’re now ready to start building your menus.
You may need to spend a little time playing around with the menu creation tools to get the level of customisation you want, but once set up, subsequent changes can be made and new menus can be published or printed quickly and easily.
Remember that once you’ve logged in, you can find more information on how to use this feature in our Kafoodle Kitchen User Guide.
Recipe lists allow you to share or keep separate, recipes between your sites. Lists can be created and edited from the Manage Recipe List page. For more information on how to use lists, please see the Manage Lists section of the user guide.
To switch a list on or off go to Manage Recipe Lists and toggle the enable/disable switch.
You may not be able to delete a recipe because it has been locked by an Account Holder or Business Administrator. Recipes can also not be deleted if they are in use within a menu.
You cannot edit a recipe locked by an Account Holder or Business Administrator.
You will not be able to see a recipe if the list is disabled or if the recipe belongs to a list not assigned to your site. You will not see a recipe that belongs to a different business group.
Only the recipe name, description, allergens and nutrition will be visible. Recipes must also first be put into a menu before they can be seen on the Kafoodle App.
Banner photos are not currently in use on the Kafoodle App.
Adding a recipe as an ingredient is done as simply as adding a regular ingredient. Simply select add ingredient and type in the name of the recipe you wish to add.
Suppliers don’t always provide nutritional data for all of the 8 fields in Kafoodle and there is less information available for some ingredients which aren’t so common. Nutritional information for a recipe will be inaccurate if you use ingredients that have missing nutritional values.
This is because you are seeing the nutritional values per 100g measure. As you add more ingredients, nutrients are spread throughout the recipe mixture so if you take a 100g portion, you are looking at the nutritional values of small amounts of each ingredient combined together. To get an overall idea of how nutritional values change in your recipe as you add ingredients, make sure you are viewing values per serving.
Suppliers don’t always provide this information since the declaration of component allergens for gluten (wheat, rye, barley, oats) and nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia nuts) is optional.
If you are building a recipe using ingredients that you have uploaded with allergen information, Kafoodle will automatically pick up these allergens. However, if you are building a recipe without ingredients you will need to manually pick the allergens from the Allergen drop down box in the Ingredients and Allergens tab. This box can also be used to declare any allergens present in the recipe that are not from the ingredients.
The GP calculator works off of your ingredient costs. If you uploaded or created your ingredients with the costs attached you just need to enter the quantity that you are using within the recipe to start using the calculator. If you did not attach the costs to your ingredients you can update them using the ingredient import template located in the getting started section of our user guide to update all of your prices at once, or enter the prices manually from the Ingredients page. Each ingredients costs can be edited via the Latest Cost box.
The supply cost shows you how much that amount of the chosen ingredient costs. The total cost will take into consideration any wastage. Wastage can be entered from the ingredient list or when creating your recipe.
Currently you are unable to specify a wastage for a recipe used as an ingredient. Please let us know if this is necessary to your business and we will look at the viability of this functionality.
What do the symbols next to each ingredient mean?
Kafoodle automatically calculates the nutrition of your recipe per 100g. To work out the nutrition per serving you must first enter how many servings the recipe creates.
In the create or edit for of a recipe, you will find a scale to box next to the servings box. Ensure you have entered all of our ingredients with quantities and units, as well as the amount of servings. Now, enter the number of servings you want to scale to in the scale to box. This will then change your ingredient quantities, units and prices, and overwrite the servings box. Please note; ingredients such as herbs, spices, seasonings and oils do not scale well and should be manually adjusted.
You must enter the number of servings to produce the suggested price.
The VAT rate may appear blank if not specified at site level, however it is defaulted to 20% and will be used in the calculation. To change the VAT% you will have to specify it at site level.
To add more steps select Add a step. You can then rearrange them using the arrow toggle or delete them using the minus button.
FOH tips are Front of House tips. Like Chef tips it is a free text field that you may wish to give instruction to your front of house staff when serving the dish.
The HACCP tab allows you to specify the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points on the recipe card. You can choose the preset site HACCP if you specified this when creating your site, choose the generic HACCP that we supply or create your HACCp category by category. Each category has default text that you can use or edit. They can also be rearranged or deleted using the arrow toggle and minus button.
You must select to use the generic HACCP or your site specific HACCP from the ‘Use From’ dropdown to populate this page. Alternatively, create your HACCP category by category. Each category has default text that you can use or edit. They can also be rearranged or deleted using the arrow toggle and minus button.
Your recipe card will only become available once you have saved a recipe. It will then appear in a tab next to HACCP. All fields in the recipe card are populated in the previous tabs.
As you begin to create your recipes, you’ll see the four tabs in the screenshot below. At this stage the recipe overview tab is not visible.
[screenshot: ‘Create Recipe’ screen]
Once you complete the description tab and save your entries, the recipe tab will appear on the right. You can then access all the data you’ve inputted via the ‘Description’, ‘Ingredients and Allergens’, ‘Method’ and ‘HACCP’ tabs in a single printable view.
Once created, you can review this page at any time by navigating to the ‘Recipe edit’ option.
[screenshot: Recipe overview screen]
For more details on how to use this feature, check out the Kafoodle Kitchen User Guide.
The ‘Duplicate Recipe’ feature is an especially useful tool if you have several versions of a recipe that share the same ingredients. For example, you first create a basic hamburger which has all of the base ingredients. You can then copy this recipe and edit the second to include cheese and bacon. This would be much faster than creating a whole new bacon cheeseburger recipe and adding the individual ingredients all over again.
You can find the ‘Duplicate Recipe’ button in the ‘Controls’ column in the list view.
Ingredient Cost Intelligence
When adding an ingredient for a recipe you can specify its quantity (Qty), unit of measure and cost. Once you click ‘Save’ these values will be stored on your system so that when you use the same ingredient in another recipe, those values will be retrieved.
The ‘Ingredient Cost’ tool is a useful feature which will help keep ingredient costs consistent across all of your recipes in Kafoodle Kitchen. Using the initial information that you input, ingredient costs will be automatically calculated. For example, for Recipe A you add 100g of Mayonnaise at a cost of £0.09 and click ‘Save’. For Recipe B, you enter 200 in the ‘Quantity’ (Qty) box and the system will automatically use grams (g) as the unit of measurement and the total cost will be calculated as £0.18.
The Gross Profit (GP) Calculator can help you decide how much to charge for your dishes. The GP Calculator can be found under the ‘Ingredients and Allergens’ tab when editing a recipe. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to use this handy tool.
- Enter the cost of the recipe. If you have already entered costs at ingredient level then a cost for the recipe will be automatically calculated. If you have not, this is no problem as the recipe cost can just be entered manually in the relevant field.
- Enter the number of servings this recipe creates (default serving quantity is 1).
- Enter the Target GP% or the Gross Profit percentage you would like to make on this recipe.
- Enter the plate cost value if applicable. This is the sundry cost to be added to recipe costs per serving and may consider additional factors such as the use of condiments. You will now see that values appear in the fields for the ‘Cost per serving’, ‘Suggested price’ and ‘Variances’.
- You can also enter your ‘Actual price’ for the dish to calculate your ‘Actual GP%’ and see how it compares to your target projections.
Note: The VAT rate used is based on the currently selected site. This is set under the ‘Costs’ tab in the Edit Site window. Default values for Plate costs and Target GP% can also be entered here.
- Cloning a recipe can save you the time of recreating the recipe for dishes with similar ingredients. To clone a recipe, select the ‘Clone’ button next to edit.
- Creating recipe lists gives you control over which sites can see which recipes to help you achieve consistency across multiple platforms.
- By altering the ‘weight lost or gained after cooking’ using our cooked state calculator, you can provide your diners with more accurate nutrition data .
Your site is defaulted to Hidden on creation. To make your site visible to the public, go to Sites, edit the chosen site, and un-check the box that reads Hide from the Kafoodle app.
The QR code is found next to the edit button of each site. When scanned within the Kafoodle app, this QR code will bring up the site and any visible menus. Note: the site does not need to be visible for this QR code to work.
Setting up your HACCPs at a site level allows you to select this preset when creating your recipes.
Setting your target GP% here allows you to prefill the field in costs when creating recipes.
We populate the Kafoodle App with FHRS data including site names, addresses and food hygiene ratings. When you make your site live on the app, you will want to replace our version, so to do so you must find your FHRS profile by searching for the address of the site.
- You can still find your site even if you have hidden it, by scanning the QR code which you can generate by selecting the button next to edit.
- You can add a photo and description to improve your appearance on the app. Edit your site to enter more details.
- If you have created a user but they have lost their invitation email you can resend the invitation by selecting Resend Invitation.
The Home Screen
Only Account Holders and Business Administrators can view this page. Please contact one of these users within your business if you require access.
Only Account Holders, Business Administrators and Site Administrators can view this page. Please contact one of these users within your business if you require access.
Users with a Staff Member role only have access to datasheets. Please contact the Site Admin or higher within your business if you require more access.
- Find our FAQs and User Guide in your user menu located in the top right hand corner of your screen. Here you can also message us with any questions or feedback.
- Your notification hub located next to the home button in the top right hand corner of your screen will alert you to any new updates that we are releasing.
There are five different user roles. Account Holder which is assigned to the primary users, Business Administrator, Site Administrator, Recipe Administrator and Staff member. For a full table of each user’s access, please see the User Roles and Access section of the user guide.
You cannot see other users assigned to sites that you do not have access to. Also, users may not be able to see the Account Holder in the user list depending on their role.
Each user must be assigned to one or more sites. This will determine what they have access to.
The user may already exist in the system. If the user does not exist they may have used this email address to register on the Kafoodle App. In this instance please contact support: firstname.lastname@example.org
This may be due to the package you selected on registration. The base package allows you to create 5 users and 1 sites. If you need more, please contact us at email@example.com
- As an account holder or business admin you can prevent other users from editing or deleting sites, recipes, ingredients or menus by making them a site admin or lower.
- Even if users are locked out of an item they can still view and print.